Monday, March 1, 2010

YOUR MAMA LOVES - Knee pads for Babies



Your Mama Loves Knee Pads for Babies
I know what you’re thinking. Knee pads for babies? Seriously?
That’s what I thought when I was pregnant with my first son and saw an ad
for baby knee pads. I thought about how parents are overprotective and
how safety products are oftentimes just geared toward taking advantage of
parents’ fears. Then I took my crawling baby to a playground and saw his
knees turn bright pink. It made me crazy. I’d take him to the park in
sweatpants even when it was hot outside.
This year, a splash park opened in town. I took my second son to play there, and he
ended up with two skinned knees. Luckily, the week after that Snazzy Baby offered a free pair of baby Knee Pads for us to try out. The timing couldn’t have been better. I’d been putting the baby in thick sweatpants to crawl through the concrete splash park. He looked like a total spaz.
With the Snazzy Baby knee pads, he was able to play in a normal bathing suit.
Pros
• The knee pads stayed on.
• Did not impede his movement.
• Did not constrict his legs in any way. (I found his particularly impressive. Before they arrived, my mom was adamant that there was no way the knee pads would a actually stay on his legs.)
• Cute colors!
• Easy to get on and off.
Cons
• You probably won’t use them for more than a few months.
While the knee pads aren’t necessary for use at home, they’re invaluable when it comes to taking an adventurous crawling baby outdoors onto surfaces like concrete. While babies lift their hands and place them down easily, they tend to drag their knees. The knee pads solve the scraped/raw knee issue without having to resort to bulky clothes.

Snazzy Baby has totally changed my mind about baby knee pads. Sure, they look kind of silly. But they gave my adventurous crazy baby the chance to keep up with the walking children around him. While we only used them for about two months, we got lots of use out of them. I’d definitely invest in these if you plan on taking your crawling child out. (I noticed we were out much more often with our second child, probably because we were often taking his older brother to playgrounds and the splash park.)
Right now, our affiliate Amazon.com has Snazzy Baby knee pads for under $12. For the
quality of these Knee Pads (and the staying-on-power) this is a great deal.

No comments: